Friday, October 7, 2022

On Vacation....

It's been a month since I posted anything.  The primary reason is that on this day, right now, I have been taking an extended road trip with my dad.  It has been incredibly enjoyable and eye-opening, but at the same time, it has left me with little time and energy for regular updates to this site.  Look for more posts later on this month.  I feel like there's still a lot more to discuss!

In the meantime, have a look at this wonderful article from Emma Sparks at Lonelyplanet.com: "How Travels Helps Me Cope With Grief."  Emma lost her father at age 17 in an accident, and she explains how traveling regularly has helped strengthen her and given her more self-confidence.  One of my favorites quotes comes near the end of her article, which I found both funny and inspirational at the same time:

"You can’t live every day like it’s your last – if I did I’d be broke, exhausted, and probably in prison – but you can do what makes you truly happy as often as possible. In fact, I feel a duty to do so."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Personal Musings: Reunions and Death

Jeff Mara interviewed author and spiritual mystic Hans Wilhelm on his podcast , and Wilhelm had this to say: "If you have a wonderful p...