Sunday, June 12, 2022

Practices That Have Helped: Keep Moving!

A few years ago, I found this message inside a Chinese fortune cookie: "The solution to grief is motion."  Not a fortune, of course, but a wise saying nonetheless.  Over the last couple months, I have tried to apply these words into my daily life, as I continue to work through my own grief.  Whether it's doing physical labor or going for a leisurely-paced walk, staying in motion has helped in dealing with my own sadness and anxiety.  Trying to do ANYTHING physical can feel like an enormous effort, especially if you are still in the early stages of grief -- but if you can find a way to make yourself do something, I have found that it does give you some sense of accomplishment and satisfaction, even if you're feeling lousy the rest of the time.  Baby steps every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personal Musings: Reunions and Death

Jeff Mara interviewed author and spiritual mystic Hans Wilhelm on his podcast , and Wilhelm had this to say: "If you have a wonderful p...