Friday, November 18, 2022

Personal Musings: Dreaming About Fish, Death, and Resurrection

The night before last, I had a very interesting dream.  I can't recall a lot of the details, but I do recall standing near a huge table, and I could see a fish lying on that table.  The fish was barely alive -- I could see it with its mouth open, breathing slowly in a very labored fashion.  I then saw a large aquarium tank sitting on the table, and without hesitation I picked up the fish and tossed it into the tank.  I then saw it begin to wriggle in the water, slowly regaining its breath -- and then it began to dart around quickly, its life and energy regained.  That's all I can remember....

I wonder if there was a message for me in that dream.  One of the hardest things for me to witness was my mom and our pets slowing down and watching their life dwindle down to nothing.  But maybe I have the wrong perspective -- maybe our earthly lives really are like being "fish out of water" -- we can survive out of that water, briefly -- and then we return to the water to the Source, to God, or whatever you want to call it -- and then we gain our life and strength back.  Whatever it is, it gives me hope that the end of our time spent on Earth is not the end of our lives -- it merely is the end of one chapter, one experience -- and that there is much more life and experiences awaiting us after our Earthly journey....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words of Comfort: from the Spirituality Subreddit

I was browsing on the Spirituality subreddit on Reddit some months back.  The poster, who was grieving the loss of her mother from last year...