Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Words of Comfort: From a Dear Friend

At the end of July I was recalling an extremely vivid dream I had had the previous night with my friend Kari.  It was springtime and I was at my dad's place.  He told me that my mom had been "missing" since the winter and was presumed dead.  I then walked into an adjacent room -- I believe it was the study -- and saw my mom's lifeless body lying in bed.  (Funny that my dad didn't bother to check the next room!)  I approached my mom's body, and then, all of sudden, she became reanimated -- she opened her eyes and started talking.  I remember hugging her and remembering how her face felt and smelled.  Then I woke up, and spent a good portion of that day in tears-- something I hadn't done in a while.  After I recalled this to Kari, she wrote the following words to me:

"Maybe it would help you to realize that your mom is still with you, but in a different form.  If we are energy, if we are spirit and soul, then she's just as much with you now as she was two years ago. It's just that we want what we know and it's hard to see and feel something new.  I know it's not as satisfying.  Not right now anyway.  I think that's because we don't understand the purpose of earth.  I think if we did, we wouldn't see that a person died.  I think we'd see that they were still on their journey, just like us.  And that your souls aren't disconnected.  It's just a new level of enlightenment."

Kari's words have been a source of comfort to me in recent days, and I hope they are a comfort to you as well, dear reader, during your time of grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words of Comfort: from the Spirituality Subreddit

I was browsing on the Spirituality subreddit on Reddit some months back.  The poster, who was grieving the loss of her mother from last year...